Welcome to my new blog! I have been thinking for some time about starting a blog. I love to write, and have kept journals since the age of 8. I love the aspect of documenting all that we do, all that we learn, and all that we want to know. Homeschooling two children has many exciting moments - many challenging times - and many happy smiles from us all. But I also know that homeschooling cannot occur in a vacuum and needs the support of a community - or at least I do! I love learning from others and I love to teach as well. It always feels so good to know that I am not alone out here in our little world!
While not homeschooling, I LOVE to knit! I always have several projects going on at once - and I love to see what others are knitting. I look forward to sharing here with you about great projects - for us as adults and for our kids. I love crafting with my kids, and they love it too.
Also, I make time everyday to read. I read on my Kindle on my phone. I never thought I could actually give up paper books, but now I have the ability to read faster and go through books so much more. I will be listing whatever is new on my Kindle so we can share reading ideas as well.
And ... then there's the country music ... well - I just love it! I am always singing to the newest country music songs and have either Pandora, I-Tunes or XM59 The Highway playing!
Looking forward to the journey with you all!
hugs,
Susan
About Me
- susan
- Welcome to my Blog! I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I am married to a wonderful man who supports me in all that I do - and all that I am passionate about. We have four children - the oldest two boys are in college and we are homeschooling our younger two, a boy age 9 and a girl age 5. I have always been interested in alternatives to traditional education and am so thrilled to be homeschooling my children. When not homeschooling, I love to knit and read as well as listen to country music (XM 59!). I am also a social worker and work part time for an excellent home care agency in pediatrics, maternal -child health and both adult and pediatric hospice. It is extremely rewarding work. I look forward to sharing our journey with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am SO glad that you started a blog!!! Since finding you on Twitter... I can't wait to follow along in your journey!!
ReplyDeleteI started a new blog, Red Oak Lane. It's really a long story as to why I didn't post that on Our Life in Words...but my new blog is http://redoaklane.blogspot.com
I love country music too!! And Bruce, because I AM a Jersey girl, you know ;-)